Frequently Asked Questions
Why rent exercise equipment?
TRY BEFORE YOU BUY
Before committing to buying fitness equipment for your home gym, wouldn’t it be easier to try it out first?
At Advantage Fitness Warehouse, we thought so too. Our unique rent, try, buy program puts you in charge of your fitness commitment.
Advantage Fitness offers a wide selection of the latest brand name fitness equipment, including ellipticals, rowers, upright bikes and recumbent bikes.
All of our fitness equipment is available for rental or purchase.
If you choose to buy, you can take advantage of our great prices and our rent to own program.
Your decision to work out at home has never been easier or more convenient or affordable.
In addition it is an excellent idea for those requiring physiotherapy or rehabilitation.
How does billing work?
- You pay the first and last month of rental as well as delivery and pickup of the rental upfront
- Any additional months rented are charged at the end of the month that payment would be due
- If you purchase the machine you are credited the pickup cost of the rental and your portion from the rental credit program
How does the rental credit program work?
- We credit two months of rent towards the purchase price of the equipment. Meaning you can try the machine for two months without losing any money if you decide to purchase it.
- The charge for pickup of the equipment is also credited towards the purchase price.
- No hidden fees and no deposit required
Where Does Advantage Fitness Warehouse deliver to and what is the charge? Charges are for delivery AND pickup at the end of the rental
- Abbotsford $170
- Burnaby $130
- Coquitlam $80
- Delta $170
- Ladner $170
- Langley $140
- New Westminster $120
- Maple Ridge $70
- Mission $160
- North Vancouver $170
- Pitt Meadows $60
- Port Coquitlam $60
- Port Moody $80
- Richmond $160
- South Surrey/White Rock $160
- Surrey $130
- Tsawwassen $170
- Vancouver $150
- Vancouver Downtown $180
- West Vancouver $180
We can usually deliver equipment with in 2-3 business days. Call us to arrange a convenient delivery. Surcharges for treadmills may be applicable.
How does delivery and pickup work?
- Door to door delivery
- Our team ensures you understand how to use the machine and will assist in setting it up
- If you purchase the machine you are credited the pickup cost of the rental
Do you have a store location?
- We do not have traditional retail space and instead operate out of a warehouse which allows us to offer you the best prices. Due to our constantly changing inventory of rental equipment it is always best to call before visiting to ensure we have inventory of what you are looking for.
Can I get the equipment myself?
- If you are capable of getting the equipment yourself there will be no delivery charge.
Who service my unit should it need repairs?
- While on rent we will service or repair any equipment. If the equipment is not repairable we will provide you with a new piece.
Do I have to setup the fitness equipment on my own?
- No! When you work with advantage fitness our team of experts will provide a setup and short tutorial to ensure you know how to use the equipment.
What are the benefits of regular exercise?
- Lowers & controls weight
- Strengthens heart and helps prevent heart attacks and lowers blood pressure
- Improves lung capacity
- Strengthens bones
- Increases metabolic rate
What are the benefits of working out at home?
- Work out whenever you want to!
- Eliminate drive time to and from the gym.
- Work out comfortably in the safety and privacy of your home.
- Your workouts are not weather or daylight dependent.
- Combine your workout with other activities such as watching television or reading.
How can I stay motivated with my exercise program?
- SET GOALS - Set short term goals for a week, month or even for each day. Write them down to make adjustments as you go. Remember goals must be realistic, measurable and attainable. Eg. "I will lose 1 pound a week for 4 weeks"
- BE REALISTIC - Always start at a moderate intensity and duration. Start slowly, warm up then gain speed gradually for 15 to 30 minutes then spend some time cooling down and finish with gentle stretching. If you can't carry on a conversation while you exercise you are probably working too hard.
- MONITOR YOUR PROGRESS - Even if it's only a piece of paper, log your workout duration and even comments on how you feel. The heart rate monitor on most cardio machines will let you track exercise intensity and most machines will let you know total calories used. You can check your progress daily or weekly in those 2 areas.
- ADD VARIETY - Change the time when you work out, use the programs on cardio machines or change the goal from week to week. Remember if it's boring you won't want to do it.
- GET HELP - A friend or relative with similar interests and goals and level of fitness can help you and visa versa in staying motivated.
- REWARD YOURSELF - After a week of hard work and commitment, treat yourself to a meal out, a new piece of wardrobe or that CD that you wanted. Rewards don't need to be expensive, but every time you think about the reward, you will be motivated to be successful again.
- ADD STRENGTH TRAINING - Cardio exercises with a treadmill, elliptical trainer, stationary bike or rower are very good, but a few strength, balance and stretching exercises will make your routines less dull and help to tone the muscles. Use a stretch cord, exercise ball or a few free weights to get it done.